In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Sadness

I linked Jeffro right after I started my blog. He visited my blog, commented and I did the same.

I followed his life, while he worked, ruminated about his life, the loss of his homestead and his time picking up the pieces. It was interesting, led to soul searching and the thought I'd visit him, if I ever traveled to his part of the country.

He wrote a post the other day, and I commented. When I checked his site today, there were other comments and one that stated something I didn't want to read.

Jeffro has been fighting health problems, with little success, yet with a positive outlook, and the hope he could beat the odds.

He passed today. There is no explanation, but I have the feeling his body finally gave out, and the world lost another person willing to share this experience we call life.

Rest in peace, Jeffro. I'll miss you.

I'm adding his obituary. Too many good people disappear; only a few lines in a local newspaper. 



Robert J. "Jeff" Borland Jr., 54, died Monday, May 5, 2014 at Western Plains Medical Complex, Dodge City.
He was born August 27, 1959 at Dodge City, the son of Robert J. Borland Sr. and Mary Jo McGinley. Jeff graduated from Cimarron High School in 1977 and then went on to St. Mary of the Plains College in Dodge City then the Dodge City Community College and then one semester at Kansas State University.
During college, he worked at Gibson's in Dodge City, later working for Burns Trucking, the Dodge City Post Office and Magouirk Chevrolet in Dodge City and Palmer Manufacturing and Tank in Garden City.
Jeff was a member of the NRA and loved watching NASCAR racing and Dale Earnhardt Jr. 88.
Survivors include: his sister, Kathleen Borland, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; an aunt, Gail Borland, Niles, Michigan; an uncle, Pleasant Kimball, San Ramon, California; cousins, Tom South and wife Betty Ann, Dodge City, Ronda Pegram and husband Randy, Rogers, Arkansas, Charles Borland, Buchanan, Michigan, Amy Bean and husband Steve, Grand Rapids, Minnesota, Jennifer Martin and husband Doug, Pacifica, California, Steve Kimball, San Ramon, California; his cat, Kitsey and a host of friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Vigil service will be at 7:00 pm Monday, May 12, 2014 at St. Stanislaus Church, Ingalls, Kansas. Funeral Mass will be 10:00 am Tuesday at the Church, with Fr. James Baker presiding. Friends may call from 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm Monday at Ziegler Funeral Chapel Cimarron. Burial will be in Cimarron Cemetery, Cimarron Kansas.
The family suggests memorials to the Ford County Humane Society, American

Diabetes Association

or the donor's choice of a Humane Society all in care of Ziegler Funeral Chapel, P.O. Box 446, Cimarron, Kansas 67835. Condolences may be sent to www.zieglerfuneralchapel.com. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dodgeglobe/obituary.aspx?n=robert-j-borland-jeff&pid=170948445&#sthash.I0Bgf454.dpuf

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of the death of your friend. I have enjoyed the humor of his blog and his serious thoughts, as well as the comments he left. He was one of the good guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one really bummed me out. He was trying so hard, but it just wasn't enough.

      Delete
  2. Sorry always seems so inadequate at these times, but I am none the less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never met him in person, but I know I'd have liked him. He was symbol of what makes the U.S. so great.

      Delete
  3. So sad to hear of his passing. I started following his blog the past year and commenting from time to time. I too noted his declining health and fewer posts. Hoped the worst wasn't happening, but apparently it has. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He lost his house and pets to a fire a few years ago. Afterward, he tried to put his life back together, only to find his health was failing.

      God rest his soul. He was a fine person.

      Delete