In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, August 12, 2011

Cantaloupe

Yesterday, while on the way home from a brutal day in the heat, I thought of cantaloupe. I imagined it cut into a salad with grapes, strawberries and bananas. I thought of how good it would be sliced. Cantaloupe became an obsession, so I stopped at the grocery store for a cantaloupe. I knew even a "fair" cantaloupe would be perfect.

There were no cantaloupes. None. The watermelons looked putrid and were over five bucks for the tiny ones. So, I bought some grapes and bananas, although my heart wasn't in it any longer. I guess the drought has affected me, also.

I went home and sulked. I'm still sulking.

2 comments:

  1. Cantaloupe tonight honeydew, Dad's got the car.

    Bummer. I hate it when the produce stinks and is over priced, not to mention totally unavailable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just returned from a trip to Colorado where they have a variety of cantaloupe called "Rocky Ford" (also where it's grown). Best you ever tasted, but it doesn't travel very well so you can only get it in state. We must have eaten a ton of it, but now I'm craving more. Dang.

    ReplyDelete