In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The mind

During my life, I've thought of our minds as being like a computer, full of circuits that process information. Lately, I've had some thoughts about this subject.

Computers can be analyzed. Otherwise, I could take your computer, fire it up and analyze everything about it. I could see the processor speed, the different connections and how much memory was available. A few minutes of examination would reveal everything about your computer.

I wonder if people are like this? Are all brains basically the same? If we could analyze brains, would they all be easily examined and all the workings understandable?

What if brains were all different? Would we be horrified of the images when we compared them to our own? Would orange be green? Would light be dark? Would lanquage be incomprehensible? Would a horse smell like peanuts?

My mind boggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment