In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I was a little worried.....

...that Mostly Cajun was gone. I've been reading the blog for years and would miss it if it was gone.

Not so. He had some problems with his domain, but has mostly straightened out the mess.

I don't remember how I found the site, but it was years ago. Over time, I've spent many hours reading there and following MC's daily reports on his life. It's all been good and, to me, most enjoyable were the posts on 'Lil 'Dumplin, which is a boat that has a history.

After finding the boat, he went to a marina in Clear Lake, Texas, made the deal and sailed her from there to Lake Charles, Louisiana. The trip was not without incident; most notably 'Dumplin sinking near Port Arthur, Texas. That's when I met MC. I had read a post by his wonderful friend Chrissy, who had informed his followers the  boat sank. I was finishing up at work, had a pump available and went to offer assistance.

I had noticed 'Lil 'Dumplin when I travelled by the marina before she sank. All I can say is that it was a fine boat indeed. When I arrived and saw her on the bottom, I had that sick feeling, which I'm sure was only a twinge compared to what MC was feeling. It was a sad site indeed, but to really get a feeling for the event, you need to go read about her on his site. Type in Dumplin in his search pane and the posts will appear.

I think you'll want to visit his site every day. He is the epitome of the Cajun culture and is a wizard with large things that use lightning for power.

2 comments:

  1. If memory serves, MC is who sent me here. He's a keeper, for sure. I've been there since Hurricane Rita; Jim from Smoke on the Water sent me over. I don't remember when I started reading SOTW, but I think I got there from Kim DuToit's forum, back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OTOH, it might have been LeeAnn that sent me here. I forget. In any event, I've been enjoying the ride.

    ReplyDelete