In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Surveys

I've never been called for a survey...until a few minutes ago.

For years I've thought about surveys. You see the results through poll statistics and leading indicators. The information is collected by experts, the numbers are crunched with super computers in a cryogenic bath and all of the information is beyond reproach. Otherwise, little escapes this process and all of the human race benefits from the results.

When I answered the phone, an automated voice announced the name of the survey. Years of thoughts appeared in my brain in one instant. I thought of all of the questions I could answer truthfully and was thrilled to have the opportunity. In the same instant, I realized the questions could be loaded, my answers misconstrued and something wonderful would be compromised by the corrupted data.

I hung up on the call. I really didn't want to take the time, was a little irritated they found my number and wanted to watch the end of a rerun of "Law and Order - Special Victims Unit"

The human race will have to wait.....I think I'll go get an Almond Joy.

1 comment:

  1. The questions are ALWAYS loaded. They word them in such a way that there can only be one 'right' answer -- the answer they want.

    ReplyDelete