In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I have to add the following:

As far as hurricanes go, take everything you see on the Weather Channel, or from your local meteoroligist with a grain of salt. If you're over 100 miles from the center, there's no need to evacuate, unless you're in an area affected by surge, or just like to sit in stalled traffic.

I know this advice will be pooh-poohed by some, but that's how I feel. You won't find hurricane force winds 100 miles from the center. You might only see little, or no rain. That's just how hurricanes work.

Another thing: hurricanes take a long time to arrive, so you have plenty of time to make decisions and to change your mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment