In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, August 19, 2011

Fortune Cookie

I had Chinese food for lunch. The fortune cookie had the following:

"Rome was not built in a day. Be patient."

I thought about it. Was I being given good advice, or being admonished by some machine in Taiwan? I guess I'll never know, until I play the lucky lottery numbers on the back. I'll share the numbers:

21 25 33 52 56-10
2 21 28 32 37
2 1 3

Now we can all be lucky.

You're welcome.

4 comments:

  1. My last fortune cookie was empty. My lunch companion had second thoughts about riding in the same car with me to get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't blame them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once got a fortune cookie that said, "Oops...Wrong cookie".

    Dare anyone to top that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to add the final phrase, in bed.

    Now all should be clear.

    ReplyDelete