In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog:

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

Friday, September 19, 2014

Statistics and the Media

According to the latest Gallup Poll, 60% of Americans distrust the Media. I'd say of that 60%, 90% are really not prepared to answer a survey, and automatically answer the loaded questions. So, that leaves a small percentage of those surveyed that actually understand how polls can be misleading, media reporting of the results can be misleading, and Mark Twain was right:

"...There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics..."


  1. I only agree with you about half of the time, then half of that I don't care about 3/4 of the time 100%

  2. So, 25% of the time, you are 100% apathetic? I'd say that's an accurate assessment for most people 30% of the time, and for the other 70%, 50% of the time it's accurate, within 4% accuracy.