In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, September 29, 2012

When You Feed at the Public Trough

Defense contractors are kicking around whether they want to issue impending layoff notices prescribed by regulations, or not pay attention to the man behind the curtain and allow the Obama Administration to cover their feckless asses. Do you think they'll do what's right? We can only hope.

2 comments:

  1. My impression ia they can't wait to issue WARN notices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they do the right thing.

    I work for a contractor that, also, works for state, county and city entities. We're flooded with regulations, safety mandates, certified payroll demands, audits, tons of paperwork and constantly deal with bureaucrats. It can be frustrating, especially when you do everything you can to prevent waste and watch as the public servants waste tremendous amounts of money on nothing. The bureaucracy is appalling and the number of people that produce nothing but paper to justify their job is almost beyond belief.

    One thing I learned over the years is that the rules are a double edged sword. While they can make life miserable with rules, there are rules that I can use to make their life miserable. When you add that I'm a citizen, they have to answer to politicians and that politicians know they have to navigate through the private sector to survive, I have more power.

    Bureaucrats hate knowing they are nothing but cogs in a huge broken wheel and their attitude is a reaction to knowing they serve no real purpose.

    ReplyDelete