In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It Depends on Your Definition of "Botched"

Oklahoma had a glitch, while they were executing a monster convicted of raping a girl, shooting her and then burying her before she was dead. She died of suffocation.

Meanwhile, the convicted killer wasn't killed by the witch's brew of drugs and eventually died of a heart attack.

Now, the media is talking about the "botched" execution.

From my vantage point, they were successful, even if it was a little messy, and they shouldn't have delayed the execution of the second murderer, that raped and killed an 11 month old baby.

13 comments:

  1. It seems to me that each and every convicted rapist/murderer should experience exactly the same horrors as their victims experienced, including the method of death. In a society that now seems to be obsessed with "fairness," an easy death for the criminal isn't exactly what I would call "fair."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quick bullet is fine with me. Get rid of them as soon as possible and hope it deters those willing to follow the path of evil in the future.

      Delete
  2. My sympathy factor on this guy hovered around zero and negative 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He died without pain, knew it would be that way and wasn't terrorized before his death.

      He's lucky. A less polite society would have prolonged his death and made him suffer.

      Delete
    2. Last year in Tuscany we visited the Estrucians Torture Museum. It's hard to imagine how someone could justify some of those methods except for people like this and child molesters.

      Delete
  3. "A quick bullet is fine with me."
    I was just thinking this evening that a slow one would be OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such as a metal spike, attached to a 10,000 hydraulic jack, eased into his cranium at 1/4 inch per minute?

      Delete
  4. Hmmm. Considering the many nuances of the meaning of "justice," my feelings are that the punishment seems far from botched. Poetic seems more the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They even tried to bring him to the hospital, so they could save him and kill him later.

      Delete
  5. What is it that the liberals say? Something about ends justifying means....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liberals are insane. Everyone knows this and is trying to figure out what to do with them, and do so without too much pain.

      Delete
  6. The drug is intended to cause cardiac failure when it works correctly. How is this a problem?

    The part that failed was the sleepy-sleepy meds that knock him out first so he doesn't feel the heart attack coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing somebody tried CPR.

      I know; that's crazy, but I'm betting they did.

      Delete