In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Punk Broadcasting

Cliven Bundy had some remarks that some people found unpleasant. Considering some of the reactions I observed today, the supposed purveyors of free speech, tolerance and liberty are punk broadcasters; worried their good reputations, audiences and cheerleaders will disappear.

Some of the talking heads acted as I would anticipate. Others, who I once respected, waved their asses and only proved to me they're addicted to public adulation like it was crack.

So now, Cliven Bundy is the bad guy; even though he stood up to illegal government actions and harassment by the liberal news media.

Screw 'em. They're cowards and can join the other people I refuse to watch on television, or listen to on the radio.

7 comments:

  1. I saw the news report, but it was on NBC instead of Fox News.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure NBC put their liberal slant on the report and demonized Bundy every chance they could find.

      Delete
  2. Actually, if you watch the real, full utube version of Cliven, one will see that the NYT edited their version to look racist.

    Bundy actually, in a nutshell and paraphrasing, was wondering if getting government aid was hurting the minorities more than when they were slaves.

    JD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. That's why the supposed champions of conservative values looked like punks, when they piled on with the liberal media.

      Delete
  3. I'm suspicious of everything coming from all the major networks and pundits, and start from a place of outright disbelief. I am rarely disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've become examples of the description: "How can you tell if they're lying?"

      Easy, their lips are moving.

      Delete
  4. I am getting tired of edited video only to find out later that there was more to what happened than what I was shown. And, the rest that was left out changed the way I thought.

    Before, I thought he was a racist. Now, I see he was being outrageous to make a point. But, I am tired of trying to make up for the racists of the past, mostly religious people out to make a profit off other human beings. Oh, Wait! That has not changed, just the tactics.

    ReplyDelete