In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, April 20, 2014

It Might Just Be Me

I try to watch news programs, but soon turn the television to the best channel, which is off.

It might just be me, but I find the perfect hair, business attire, makeup, mock seriousness and complete lack of a basic grasp of reality insulting.

They have high paying jobs, bask in their self-importance and are as far from the nuts and bolts of our society as the Earth is from Mars. They don't represent our society, have degrees useless in making things happen and abuse the privilege of using a public forum to do things that are good for our society.

It's drek, and they've become inconsequential wastes of precious resources.

6 comments:

  1. They remind me of ventriloquist dummies. And they all seem to be reading from the same script. Which is probably why I haven't watched a TV newscast in over 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the best have hours of work, not enough time with their families and suffer angst over every broadcast.

    Still, they don't live in the same world I live in. In their world, things are "just there" and they're woefully ignorant of the machinery of society that makes it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They had a sacred trust, but they blew that some time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't anyone that trusts the media. Once bitten; twice shy.

      Delete
  4. They do seem to live in the same bubble as Hollywood actors and career politicians. At least the wooden dummies are occasionally funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuffed suits. Damn near useless, in my opinion.

      Delete