In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, October 3, 2014

I Think I've Now Seen Everything

I like thick slice bacon from a local market. It's not only very good, the price is good, also.

Anyway, I was cooking some, and I realized after turning a slice, part of it was a mobius strip....no I'm not pulling your leg. That's what I saw, and I'm sticking with the story.

8 comments:

  1. Without realizing you had left a link to a mobius strip, I had to google it on my own. And you say thicker bacon has a good price? Wow. Down here, one roast costs over $20. Hamburg is $6 a pound, and if I wanted thick bacon, I'd have to drive to Indiana to afford it. So just be glad they didn't charge you extra for the mobius. (what were you drinking that early in the day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it was in the evening, and it was beer.

      The supermarkets charge around $7 a pound for premium thick slice bacon. I bought it today from the local market, which is notorious for their own smoked sausage and boudain, for $3.99 a pound.

      Delete
  2. Jess,
    I would have saved a Mobius strip piece of bacon. Did you get scissors and cut the length of it down the middle? I like thick bacon, so I buy a local brand that has the word "thick" on the package. It is some of the thinnest bacon "thick" bacon I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't save it. It was time to turn it and I was hungry.

      This is thick bacon, which needs watching to prevent it from cooking too long. Allowing it to cook too long causes it to be tough, instead of crisp.

      Delete
  3. That was a portal to the Bacon Universe, where the Mooselimb plague is unknown, beer flows like water and every meal includes the Food of the Gawds. You should have taken it when you had the chance. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll regret my decision forever....or until the next time I want some bacon.

      Delete
  4. Could you eat just one side, that way you would never run out :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a little disconcerting; like some disturbance of the space/time continuum.

      Delete