In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

You're Fired

I fired a worker today. Long story short: they didn't like what I said, called me a liar, and I fired them...except they wouldn't leave...so I called the police, who insured they left. So, now there's another crazy I have to watch for.......

8 comments:

  1. Wow. I let someone go today.
    She just couldn't bring herself to come in to work on time.
    Even after reprimands and warnings.
    And then to accuse me of hating her and wanting to get rid of her.
    At that point. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been called many things, threatened, heard some terrible things about me and had one I knew would be a problem greet me a few months after I fired him as though I was a long lost friend. When I fired him, he more, or less, told me I was a sorry S.O.B. using salty language.

      Delete
  2. Jess, I hope he is not the type to come back with a gun tomorrow...or in 18 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he comes back with a gun, he better shoot me before I get to mine.

      Delete
  3. I've wondered, some days when it's particularly quiet at work, which GenPop I've yapped at that will snap and come back to "deal with" me. Then I remember they're all on the short end of the sanity rope and even if I were the sweetness and light peaches and cream darling I normally am, it's likely someone will still decide we all need to be dealt with, in some manner.
    This is how I explain the state of the bathroom sometimes.
    I hope your guy just goes away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually do. Getting fired isn't pleasant, but after the butt stops hurting, it usually turns out to be a favor.

      Delete
  4. I have let people go too; some because they were absolutely worthless, others because they could not show up on time, others because I was told to (everybody answers to someone, yes?).
    I left that company because they would not fire a guy who came late every day (I did not supervise him).
    They fired him a year later...for coming in late, and they made him sign a resignation, so they would not have to pay unemployment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't like firing people, but when they're insubordinate, threaten, or it's obvious the crew is resentful of them being on the job, I really don't have a choice; if I'm doing my job correctly.

      I had a woman come to the office, with a signed note from her husband, to pick up his last check. She apologized for his worthless behavior and told me she knew how I felt. I felt sorry for her, and her child.

      Delete