In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, October 23, 2014

So Many Thoughts...

....and they slip through the cracks.

I think of at least a half dozen things to write about each day. They pop into my mind, as I drive, or just observe; and I forget about them in the evening, or I'm too tired to write them down. After a night's sleep, they're gone forever. 

For example: Today, as I was driving, I noticed a Monarch Butterfly at about a foot above windshield level, between four lanes of divided highway, and cars zipping along at 75 miles per hour. Most people don't even notice such things, but I do. My thoughts wonder to whether an updraft, or downdraft, determined the fate of the butterfly. One foot up, and it continued on its journey. One foot down, and it became something to wash off the windshield of a car. 

I need to find my pocket recorder; so I can place a few verbal notes to peruse later in the day. Most of it's probably not important to anyone, but me. Still, somebody might like to read what I have to write, and it beats hell out of reruns of "The Simpsons".

6 comments:

  1. A lovely thought captured there and then. I have the same problem, and I did try a
    dictaphone at first, but speaking out loud lost my train of thought, so I jot things down on a memo pinned to my phone, or in a tiny note book I keep in my pocket. The main time for the most wonderous thoughts that flee is just a few seconds before sleep drags me away from consciousness, leaving only a vague shadow of something that I'm sure would have been marvellous. Or not. Hard to say if I can't remember *laughs*. Anyway, I for one would be keen to read more of your musings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is such a grand experience. Losing the thoughts to time seems like such a waste.

      Delete
  2. Most android phones have an excellent voice to text recorder built in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a phone as dumb as a box of rocks. It's a flip top, doesn't do any of the smart phone things and I've decided it's the best way to have a phone.

      Delete
  3. One of my first discoveries about the phone my son-in-law gifted me with was the voice recorder for memos and such. The next thing I discovered was I can't activate it without driving off the road and onto the shoulder in a flurry of dust and raised-bump-look-out-you're-off-the-road thunder. Maybe I need to set it up whenever I get in the car to the point I can just pick it up all ready to hear my latest wonderment. Hmmm.... I need to write that down, or maybe leave myself a voice note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think my phone has that feature, since it's supposed to be dumb. That's probably good. I'd record something by accident, which would be insulting, and accidentally play it back at the wrong moment. If that should happen at a fast food restaurant, between the order box and the window, drinking the fountain drink might be deadly.

      Delete