In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, October 31, 2014

Tomorrow...

...I will be hoarse. I spent the day teaching three bricks how to run a hot poured rubber joint sealing kettle, and to seal cracks in asphalt paving.

Like water soaking into a rock, the information will penetrate only to a shallow depth, and my inspiring diatribes will bounce around the earth; growing fainter and eventually only being an echo of a physically tiring day.

10 comments:

  1. Give a brick a road, and he will journey for a day. Teach a brick how to run a hot poured rubber joint sealing kettle, and to seal cracks in asphalt paving, and he will probably go fishing instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Local walmart tire shop is only open til 5, even though Discount Tire nearby closed.
      Why?
      Can't get good help.
      In this economy.

      Delete
    2. I really don't know exactly why so many people don't want to work, but I have the feeling that the mother of invention went South, since the necessity of survival was removed by too many freebies.

      Delete
  2. I'm laughing with you, not at you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. You probably see much of the same thing during your travels.

      Delete
  3. In this case I have it actually easier at work: when I have to train a new coworker, I have at least a 65% chance they will retain the valuable knowledge I impart to them. This is based on the inexplicable bias BossMan has against hiring people too dumb to accurately fill out a one-page, large font, application. This actually worked well for me, since I am an excellent filler-outer. Not so great a cashier, but hey, nobody's perfect.
    Which I'm sure you can surely testify to, especially after your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one fill out an application, had the necessary skills and didn't write down a phone number. Such little things indicate either an unwillingness to work, or the attention span of a gnat.

      Delete
  4. I however am faced with a plethora of good choices for a position I have to fill.
    Four applicants, and I wish I had four positions to fill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your apprehension will grow, when you finally make a choice. Mr. Murphy usually determines that choice will be the fourth best.

      Delete
    2. ...and I have to add you won't have any choices when the time for such choices arrive.

      Delete