In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, June 9, 2014

Bad Smell

The beach smells terrible. The odor is somewhere between rotten vegetables and a sewer treatment plant. It's probably the large rafts of seaweed, full of seaweed critters, laying in the hot sun and decaying into one big noxious, unpleasant mass of disgusting goo.

Still, people are swimming at the beach of Galveston. By golly, they spent the money, and they're going to swim - no matter what.

3 comments:

  1. That's sort of like the river here. It's too thick to drink and too thin to walk on. It is full of chemical run-off from farm fields upstream, and yet I see people fishing there often. I'd have t o be awfully hungry to eat anything that came out of that river.

    ReplyDelete