In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Carpal Tunnel Madness

I took some tests a few years ago, after the constant numbness and pain in my right arm led to lack of sleep. The tests were conclusive for carpal tunnel syndrome. My doctor didn't recommend surgery, until I lost strength and started dropping things.

 I bought a wrist brace and it's usually all I need, although I'm constantly shaking my arm to stop the numbness. This leads to the "pins and needles", which is annoying. Since my left hand has the same - although less severe - symptoms, I feel like a laboratory experiment, when I wear the braces, while sleeping.

I don't know why, but even with my wrist brace, I awoke this morning with pain; and it's more than just an annoyance. As the day progresses, I'm hoping it alleviates and turns out to just be "one of those things". If not, and find I'm turning into a zombies again, due to lack of sleep, it's on to Plan B.

What's Plan B.? Telling the doctor I don't share his opinion anymore and they need to do something about this. It's to the point I write for a few minutes, shake my hand out for a few minutes, and go at it again. If he doesn't want to help, I'll find someone that will.

Bleh! I have lots of things to do today and this is pissing me off.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm hoping it just lets up, things return to normal, and I don't have to deal with the crap of the medical profession.

      Delete
  2. I was diagnosed with CTS long ago, and wore those braces at night, but I'd take them off in my sleep. Then I went to a chiropractor, who straightened my upper thoracic and cervical spine and it went away for good. Sometimes a "doctor" is an idiot. Some chiropractors are idiots too! Just look at at that possibility though. Relatively cheap, and no drugs or surgery. I blew a C5/6 disc thanks to a drunk driver,and my right thumb and first two fingers are numb as a result. Just an example of where the origin can be. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look into it. The medical profession is getting to be a crap shoot and the horror stories abound.

      Delete