In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Bee Business

I stopped at a coin car wash on the way to the office this morning and cleaned my pickup. After doing some paperwork, and finishing my weekly report, I went and found hundreds of little brown specs on my truck.

I know what they are, since we had the same problem last year, until a local property owner took up a petition to have a local farmer move some hives on his land.

The hives are back, which means a few hundred supers and the thousands of bees they house.

They fly over, as they work and crap all over everything. It's on cars, buildings, fences....everything - including into the coffee of the local property owner, as he greets the day.

So, my truck needs washing again. The little turds will turn into brown concrete if I don't wash them off.

And people wonder why I stay pissed off.

6 comments:

  1. I know about seagulls decorating vehicles. Around here it is the thousands of sparrows in the trees, should you decide to park in the shade. But never before have I heard of bees leaving their mark. Especially right after washing your truck. Are you sure your name isn't "Joe Btfsplk" from the old Li'l Abner cartoons? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was on the seagull and grackle list. I'm guessing I'm now on the bee list.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've been working out of town, so I didn't know the bees were back.

      The local homeowner that finally had enough last year was closer to the hives and couldn't sit in his yard, due to the bees crap.

      I'm a little surprised they've been returned and don't think they'll be there long.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it's time for Plan Bee. ;-)

    *Ducks to avoid the rotten vegetables and rocks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I'm at the office, I'll park in the shop.

      Delete