In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I Had Numerous Answers Cross My Mind

Once, I had a boss that would ultimately say about this time of the year: "What are you going to do when it gets hot in August?"

The answers would appear instantly:

"Oh, you mean when the temperature is three degrees hotter, and the fact we're splitting hairs escapes your limited reasoning power?"

"It's never hot in your $60,000 dollar pickup. Why does it matter to you?

"Before, or after I choke you until your face turns blue?"

"Of the thousands of idiotic questions you could ask, that is probably the winner."

"Obviously, you've mistaken me for someone sane, and have no idea how close you are to serious injury."

Of course, I bit my tongue and would just usually ignore the question, or say something simple like: "Suffer; as usual."

The difference between 97 and 101 is something humans can't determine. Sane people avoid such temperatures, which pretty well answers anyone's question of my sanity.

2 comments:

  1. Stress Management;
    1. Picture yourself near a stream.
    2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.
    3. No one but you knows your secret place.
    4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic world.
    5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
    6. The water is crystal clear.
    7. You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding underwater.
    8. See? You're smiling already.

    ReplyDelete