In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sequester Politics

The sequester is scheduled to happen on March, 1 this year. After all the hype, tooth gnashing and posturing, the actual cut in spending is a little less than 3%, which equates to spending 97 cents of every planned dollar of expenditure.

I don't know about you, but inflation, increased prices and the lack of a raise in years makes that cut look puny and inconsequential. I've had to cut a tremendously larger amount in percentage, just to survive.

So, while the politicians want to play with nonsense, real people are suffering and will suffer more due to the fact that the bosses in Washington rarely, if never, cut their own personal favorite expenses. They'll continue with their perks and live in a city that no more represents the rest of the country than a broomstick represents an oak tree. Most of them, and the President, have no idea how angry the taxpayers have become. I think they better start paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment