In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Wrapping My Thoughts Around Current Observations

Sometimes, it's hard to wrap my thoughts around what I observe today. From my perspective, it's becoming more acceptable for people to be dishonest, unwilling to accept responsibility, and doing so without repercussions. Moral terpitude is prevalent, and where it was once was shunned, people seem to embrace those that are so inclined, and even elected officials are allowed to continue their degenerate behavior. 

A healthy society demands integrity. It's the glue that holds evil at bay, and allows honest discourse on important matters. Without it, politics are based completely on lies, character assassination is acceptable, and the destruction of the economy for personal gain becomes the goal of those with opportunities. Thievery with the backing of ill-conceived laws is prevalent, devalued money allows the entire nation to be robbed, and those that complain are ridiculed by the press that stays in the back pocket of evil opportunists. 

If this downward spiral continues, the grossly ignorant will eventually find they are nothing more than slaves to those wish to control them. Those drunk on power become completely isolated, and numb to the plight of those they turn into pawns for their evil goals. Life becomes hard for those that want their freedom, and liberty becomes only a dream. 

11 comments:

  1. There have always been liars and thieves, Jess...but never in my lifetime have I seen them doing it so openly and with no shame whatsoever. Even more than that, it is the escalating violence that worries me more. There have always been thugs and bullies, but now it all seems to be politically motivated. And there seems to be very few consequences. I have always tried to remain optimistic about the future of our country, but I have completely lost faith in government's ability or wish to protect us. The only hope I have left is that there might be enough patriots left who are willing to fight for what is right and true. (Kicking soapbox back against the wall now.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had two of my hands quit two weeks ago. They lied on their unemployment applications, and stated I permanently laid them off. Since many employers don't pay attention to the correspondence from the workforce commission, many are allowed free money, when they don't deserve it.

      Delete
  2. Jess I like your post. I would like to see a graph of the decline it our society. After 2024 the bottom will drop out to its lowest level ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame the media for much of this. That, and the abysmal degradation of quality education with political meddling.

      Delete
  3. Honestly, I think we're already almost at the bottom of the spiral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scary part to me, is that I don't think we're anywhere near the bottom yet.

      Delete
    2. I hope for an effort by people to seek integrity, but am finding more willing to abandon the goal for personal gain.

      Delete
  4. We need a spiritual revival.
    And I don't mean Marriane Williamson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell people the Ten Commandments are good goals for any society, regardless of whether there is any religious significance connected to the document. I think that's what the founders understood more than anything else, since many were the descendants of those persecuted by government mandated religion. They knew the basics, with liberty, were the seeds for a successful country.

      Delete
  5. My original plan for a post this week was about how Truth was one of the things that set Western Civilization apart . . . my notes didn't converge well enough, plus another topic floated my way.

    Truth is revolutionary. Truth is power. And truth is hated by those who scheme to avoid it.

    Hmmm, I'm surprised that someone hasn't trademarked it to clean your teeth - Truth Paste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth Paste would be wonderful, if all politicians were forced to use it only.

      Delete