In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Just Thinking

We have us a Supreme Court justice nominee. There's a promise of a fight, which can be avoided if McConnell thumbs his nose at the Dems, calls for a vote, and laughs his way to a better legacy.

I've been watching some shows about living off the grid. They're interesting, since many have houses made with a lot of mud, stoves made from lightweight steel, no running water, and a tree for a restroom. I'm thinking they should have a show in the future highlighting these efforts of isolation. I don't think they'll find much to film, but I may be wrong. Regardless, the foundations, building materials, and lack of sewage system usually lead to a lifestyle not only uncomfortable, but unsanitary; if not dangerous.

The protesters are still active, although the media isn't showing them nearly as often. Maybe one of the brighter members of the media realized they were not only defeating their purpose, voters were deciding whether they wanted peace, or riots. 

It appears the wearing of a mask is not only unnecessary, the demand is an infringement on civil rights. Of course, the nervous Nellies think otherwise, and many politicians think the same. Time will reveal much about this "pandemic", but never truly relate the terrible consequences of the reaction Hopefully, this all leads to a citizenry that never falls for such foolishness again. 

Those pre-cooked meals they're advertising look delicious, but when you look up the prices, they damn well better be. You can feed a family for the cost of one. Of course someone actually has to cook to save that much. 

Dewayne Johnson is endorsing the Biden Harris debacle. I thought he was smarter than that. I guess I'm wrong, and will be determined to not watch any of his movies. I can't support anyone that supports enemies of the United States.

The NFL is rocking along, although the organization is surely starting to feel the crunch. I know many former NFL watchers than now harass anyone they know watching a game. It's a good thing, since the NFL pays what I call traitors. The amount of revenue can't be anywhere near what it was before. The players may have to renegotiate their contracts when that's the only option other than bankruptcy.

That's all for now. It's Sunday, and tomorrow is another work day.

8 comments:

  1. They wanna Reimagine America? I can imagine it without pro sports figures earning gazzilions of dollars while the people they are supposed to be entertaining work their asses off to afford a damn ticket,, I cant wait to see them gettin average Joe paychecks,, Or None at all.. Preach your crap to me and see how much I care,, Done with all of them,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The insane salaries will have to stop. The pro teams will have no choice.

      Delete
  2. Yup. Count me in the number of NFL defectors. Now my Sundays and Monday nights aren't cluttered with games. I don't miss them.

    Now toilets and warm showers? I would (will?) miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never was a big sports fan, so if they all disappeared forever, the only downsize would be more traffic during the playoffs.

      Delete
  3. "Dewayne Johnson is endorsing the Biden Harris debacle. I thought he was smarter than that."
    He's as dumb as a Rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is, and probably doesn't have a clue how dense a rock he is.

      Delete
  4. Shaping up to be an interesting couple of weeks. if the unwashed unmasked bring their shitshow to the suburbs, they will get a whole lot more unsanitary. Still no interest in NFL. Not one game in 2 years and I used to not miss a week. As for the Rock, he will be forever synonymous with the voice of Maui from the Disney movie, Moana, a show I've watched 14 bajillion times now, thanks to my grandbabies. Thankfully we've moved on to Mickey's Funhouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt the mobs will wander into the suburbs, but they might. If they do, they will have a few buses going back empty.

      Delete