In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, July 23, 2017

GMO Nonsense

Regardless of religious beliefs, professional knowledge, and whatever you're told, all food is genetically modified. That's a fact, and that can't be changed.

Scientifically modified food is a different thing, although the constant attack on such things is usually a strong effort to line the pockets of those that can make money by placing "Non GMO" on their label.

So, although they don't use the the term "Non Scientist Modified" to explain food modified by modern scientific techniques, that's what they mean. Whe they don't use that explanation is beyond me, but I have the feeling political correctness, and typical obfuscation of facts is in play. Maybe it's because scientists, politicians, and mass marketers are not willing to confess their strong effort to mislead the general public. I can understand that, if enough people were more aware of the efforts of all three above, the bounty on all would be substantial, and filled daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment