In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Time and Disappointment

After listening to the news, absorbing the information, I realized there is a huge disconnect between honesty and the government. Too many are allowed to ignore laws for long periods of time, and those trusted with protecting law abiding citizens ignore the terrible affront to the decency required to keep a society healthy.

Who knows where this will finally end up, but it's obvious the atrocities of the past are becoming realities of today. History is full of similar occurrences, which never ended well for those that made a mistake that is all too obvious. The mistake? Trusting humans to follow a creed that demands integrity.

4 comments:

  1. If you really want to lose faith in humanity watch two administrative assistants try to fix a copier. They poke and prod at it in the vague hope that they'll solve whatever voodoo has rendered it useless . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched such things before. The hope is a hefty jostle, or a successful poke at the beast will awaken the sleeping pixies and remove the evil spell.

      Delete
  2. I find I'm watching the news less and less these days am the smarter for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. The parade of ignorance is surely a drain on intelligence.

      Delete