In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, August 2, 2026

I Wish I Had Asked

Years ago, my father would occasionally grill what he called a "poor boy filet". Two hamburger patties were seasoned, a slice of cheese, and a slice of onion, were placed between the patties, with the larger patty wrapped with a slice of bacon. I've tried to duplicate the meat, but the seasoning has never been right. When I could, I didn't ask how he seasoned the hamburger. I wish I had.  

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So far, my experimentation hasn't discovered his seasoning. Then again, my own cooking never tastes as good as what someone else cooked.

      Delete
  2. I'm betting it was fairly simple. And agree, it's always 'better' when somebody else does it! I tried to recreate a meal my grandpa fixed 60 years ago, and 'missed' the seasoning, but everybody else liked it... sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they were like me, seasoning is never measured, and amounts are arbitrary.

      Delete
  3. I guarantee Worcestershire sauce was involved

    ReplyDelete