In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Summer Fading

On some years, we receive a strong cold front, which whisks away Summer, and leads to a morning where there is no doubt the crip, strong north wind heralded the start of Autumn. It's not looking like that will be the situation this year. The afternoon temperatures are still in the nineties, and the morning temperatures are in the low seventies, but they're creeping down. It appears Autumn will not arrive with a bang, but will slowly sneak in with some rain, cooler temperatures, heavy fog, and Winter will appear sometime in November with a cold front that will be surprise with a drastic drop in temperatures. We'll see, but I'll welcome some cooler temperatures, lower humidity, and the lack of the black flies we call "love bugs".

3 comments:

  1. Amen! First day with temps below 100 in over 40 days! It's 'chilly'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Summer is really holding on. Mid-nineties in the last weeks of September is too much.

      Delete
  2. Thank Heaven! It was waaaaay too much summer this year.

    ReplyDelete