In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

The Luck of the Draw

 A jet, for whatever reason, lands too late, doesn't stop before the end of the runway, slams through a fence, T-bones a crew van, and five people in the van left work for the last time in their life. The NTSB is investigating, attorneys are sharpening their knives, and five families are now adjusting to something totally unanticipated. The families of those that survived in the van are dealing with the horrendous injuries of their loved ones. May God ease their suffering. Prayers are all that is left for them. Whatever happened, the flight crew that survived will have something on their mind that will never leave. 


The video at the following link has an assessment by a professional pilot of what he sees as pilot error for the crash. It's interesting and informative, and doesn't look good for the pilots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm6G7EOP5Qc

7 comments:

  1. So very true... prayers for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know how to prevent accidents like this...you build specialized aprons that slow and stop a plane that overshoots a runway. But they aren't built because the number crunching bean counters decide it's cheaper to pay for the deaths than to build and maintain such structures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Airports originally in the boonies become surrounded by support businesses and residential areas. Space is limited, if any is available. Adding a feature that costs, may not be feasible, and mostly unused leads to finger crossing and wishes. Sooner, or later, something like Miami happens, and the tort money is tremendous, with much of it coming from taxpayers, who mostly have no idea the airport belongs to them.

      Delete
    2. Correct... it's cheaper to pay off the victims/families than to address the problem.

      Delete
  3. Was this equipment failure or pilot error?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. One thing is for sure: the plane is mostly intact, flight recorders were untouched, and there is enough information to determine exactly what happened. From my vantage point, the pilots made some serious mistakes, and had only had seconds to react.

      Delete