In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, August 31, 2014

I Really Don't Care

About what? Whether it's the correct time of year to make gumbo.

"It's too hot for gumbo!" is a response I've heard. Following that line of reasoning, nothing should be cooked during hot months. Everything has to be raw or eaten frozen. Hot meals are enjoyed year round and I still haven't determined why gumbo is considered a cold weather food.

I've been told the same thing for chili, which doesn't make sense, because the summer baseball food of hot dogs are commonly covered in the stuff. I like chili in the summer as much as I do in the winter. It tastes good, is relatively inexpensive and easy to make.

So, whether you dislike the idea, or not, I made chicken and sausage gumbo today. For those that think it's a bad idea, it doesn't bother me you feel that way. I have more for me and it's really, really good.

9 comments:

  1. Good on ya', brutha. I'm making one of the versions of my Killer Meatloaf™ as I type this. Nobody should be able to decide and tell you what time of year is Teh Right Time™ to make a certain food. Hell, if I want to have ice cream during a blizzard, I'm going to have ice cream during a blizzard. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people get outright upset about such things. That's okay; I won't offer them a bowl.

      Delete
  2. You make great food any time you want......I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That's the best plan. If AC isn't available, chase it with iced tea.

      Delete
  4. Hot and spicy! Just add cold beverages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Alcoholic beverages add to the experience.

      Delete