In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, September 4, 2026

Bad Karaoke

I have a neighbor that will turn up the volume, and play their music a little loud on some weekends. Usually, it doesn't bother me, since I can't here it in the house, and much of the music I like. Unfortunately, they sometimes like to sing with the music. The off-key, cat wallowing can be annoying, but tonight they crossed a boundary. Some young female was singing with "Can't You See", and butchering a fine song by the Marshall Tucker Band. That's terrible, unconscionable, and there is probably some criminal charge needing to be made. I'm sure they thought they were doing a fine job, and those around probably held their ears. I know their beagles didn't start howling until the next evisceration of a country song, but I understand why, and wonder if the song before was crossing their line too.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I can escape the music, since the house is about 1500 feet away. Their closer neighbors either are hard of hearing, or part of the party,

      Delete
  2. It appears your comments are working again.
    I made four attempts on your previous post, to no avail.
    Just wishing you quick and easy healing after surgery :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've read, Blogger has had some problems with their comments. I'm guessing the children have been playing and trying to fix what isn't broken.

      Delete
    2. The recovery is going good. The sharp pain when moving is replaced with the dull pain, and when I sit just right, no pain at all. Resting seems to help more than anything.

      Delete
  3. Luckily, my neighbors are blessed by the sweet, melodic crooning that comes my front porch as I sing along to the classics. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my neighbors play songs I like, and not add their off-key renditions, it's pleasant to hear.

      Delete