In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Supreme Court Plays With My Future

It's a little sad that politics, greed, bureaucracy and the agonizingly irresponsible behavior of our government led to a voluminous pile of steaming crap legislation called the "Affordable Care Act". Besides the fact the Congress critters never read the thing, it's full of legal extortion including the individual mandate, which demands I buy insurance, whether I want to, or not. The only option is a fine, which translates into "violating a Federal Code".

What's even sadder is listening to the Supreme Court Justices toss around my future like it's some philosophical exercise. It's pretty clear to me. There's nothing in the Constitution that gives the government the power to force me to buy  any product or service. Since this is true, throw the entire pile of crap out, since the law depends on the individual mandate for funding.

2 comments:

  1. Steven Den Beste wonders if the Supremes gut the bill by removing the mandate, it will force the insurance companies out of business. Nothing would prevent someone from buying insurance before they went in to the hospital for an expensive procedure, and the insurance companies would have to accept them. Insurance industry goes down, we end up with single payer, which is what they wanted in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they'll just remove the independent mandate. The justices pretty well said they won't pick through the law, which only leaves tossing the entire thing out, or not at all.

    ReplyDelete