In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, March 30, 2012

A Little Electrical Advice

I was helping a friend replace a light switch. The wiring worked, but there was something I found that always concerns me: The neutral was switched, not the hot. Otherwise, it was wired backwards. This is a no-no. If you don't know enough about electricity to know the correct way to wire a switch, a wall socket, or a breaker, then don't. The life you save may be mine.

1 comment:

  1. An elderly friend asked me to help her figure out why she was blowing a fuse, in a home run on a four fuse box.
    I rang out the circuit from her basement, to her kitchen, to her backyard back to the basement and found the short.
    Someone had replaced the stairway three-way light switch with a grounding two-way switch. She never owned up to it.
    I tell everyone I know, white to silver, black to gold.

    ReplyDelete