In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, July 19, 2013

The Legalities of Dying

I'm beginning to think you can't officially be dead until the weight of the paperwork matches the body.

The next phase of taking care of my mother will be interesting, to say the least. For those that contemplate dying in the future, it might be best to be like my mother and take care of a durable power of attorney, a medical power of attorney, an advanced directive and a last will and testament. They can ease the burdens of your love ones substantially and make the process of taking care of an estate much less stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment