In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, August 30, 2015

End of Summer

In these parts, Summer is slow to wind down. Usually, the hot, humid weather persists into late September or early October.

This year, we've had the first front, which is early. While the temperature drop was only around 10 degrees, the humidity drop was around 20%. That's huge, when you consider the difference. Where it's now just reaching 80 degrees at 10:00 am, only a few weeks ago the temperature would only fall a little below 80 and it would be 80 degrees by 8:00 each morning.

I'm watching the remnants of Erika. The low is off the southwest tip of Florida and heading North. An upper level low is steering the remnants up the coast, which will give South Florida some much needed rain. This weather pattern will lead to clouds, and lower humidity in my area, which will further cool the temperatures.

The end of Summer is looking like it's already here, and the cooler temperatures may last longer. I don't know for sure, but the changes underway are much more pleasant than high temperatures over 100 and high humidity to add to the misery.

1 comment:

  1. Fall is coming right on schedule. I only wish that when you mentioned " the remnants of Erika," you would have credited our commander-in-chief for breaking up this storm. Bush would have simply let it take out Miami. Now bring on some football!!

    ReplyDelete