In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Finishing a Series

 My wife bought the series "Breaking Bad" on DVD. We started watching it about a week ago, and finished it last night. I can see how it many became engrossed with the series, but with me, I also could see why I've never cared for such things. It took way too long for the end, and too much boring dialog was infuriating. That, and  the railroad hijacking put my critical thinking in gear. All I could do was critique how the tracks were not the right weight, ties needed replacing, the ballast was full of weeds, the string of cars was way too short for a main line train, and there is no way any railroad would have a place where there is no communication with the engineer. Still it was an interesting, and entertaining, series.

All in all, almost all the cast played characters with flexible morals, and the money laundering was astronomical. While it was fiction, it didn't take a huge leap in logic to understand such things are common and widespread. 

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, we watched BB years ago. On DVD, did some binge watching. Decent series, but the railroad/train bit was a 'jump the shark' moment. Also lengthy, boring, extended meaningless dialogue. Gus was a fun character an the intro of Saul really amped it up.

    Like TWD, with BB, some scenes extended far too long and dragged out.

    "Sopranos" IMHO still the best one-hour drama created. Never jumped the shark, the best writing (again IMO) of any series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never watched that series. It might be on the list for the future.

      Delete
  2. I'm wishing I could binge Homicide: Life on the Streets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that series, but will look it up.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed it - I just took my critical thinking hat off and let it go. Better Call Saul is likewise enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were engrossed the entire series. If I had to describe what was noteworthy, it was the character study, how people interact, and how criminal enterprises can corrupt even those people would never suspect.

      Delete
  4. My wife and I couldn't get into the BB series, but we have watched Justified all the way thru. Tried to watch Burn Notice but it became extremely boring about halfway thru. She is currently watching Mentalist but I am not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried watching an episode of Breaking Bad during one of the seasons it ran. I couldn't grasp the entire plot, and soon changed the channel.

      Delete
  5. I watch these shows with a Law Enforcement point of view, and the inconsistencies drive me nuts. I still enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete