In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Just Say Nope

There's talk about making pot legal in the United States. It was at one time, but mass hysteria led to laws against it. Right, wrong or indifferent, it's what it is. 

I don't have a dog in this hunt, so it really doesn't matter to me, but my personal experience shows pot heads are just as ornery as alcoholics in refusing to believe they're not charming, or more intelligent, when they constantly get high. That, and pot heads don't need to be driving, or working, under the influence. How they can prevent this is beyond me, but necessary. 

I'm sure the government will want to get their taxes off the stuff, and will pursue them diligently. Unfortunately, pot can be grown in any back yard, and like home brewing, will lead to many just cultivating their favorite blend. Taxes for sales will not be collected, and to make things worse, the black market - with all its nasty problems - will still exist.  

I don't know how this will turn out, but there is supposedly medicinal benefits from the plant. I don't know, don't trust anyone that researches medical products, and would warn anyone that decides to become an imbiber of the herb. Like my doctor said: "Anything you put into your body will have some effect, and it might not be good.".  

6 comments:

  1. I agree Jess. It’s just more shite to throw at our kids, who already have too much on their plates as they try to grow up and be good adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked with a pot head in the past. Silly, and in a daze, is the best way to describe his behavior.

      Delete
  2. Heavy pot use was a detriment to my career progression and my spiritual growth. I quit pot and found God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. It is also known to lead to psychotic episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're sucking the ash from a fire into your lungs.
    I've never smoked the stuff, and never will.
    What about edibles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easier on the lungs, but the effects of the high are still there.

      Delete