In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, November 24, 2022

A Day of Thanksgiving

I've celebrated over sixty Thanksgivings. At this age, I'm now the old relative that children are polite to, but mostly have other thoughts than a conversation with someone that they really don't understand. I accept this, since it's part of the progression of a family, and the graces of age. They are not yet curious enough, or wanting to document the experiences of someone that will one day only pass their thoughts. Their questions will remain unanswered, and the memories of me will fade over generations. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all that pass this wide spot in the road. May you have many more, and they all be wonderful experiences.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm amazed at my blessings in life, and Thanksgiving is the day whey they all come together.

      Delete
  2. Hope yours was great! The Boy ate all the turkey, and then went back to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It saved you from processing the day old turkey into something that you probably can do without.

      When I was young, my mother would boil the carcass to make gallons of soup, which she would pull out over the year from the freezer. I haven't had turkey soup since, and have not desire for any.

      Delete