In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, October 6, 2024

What's Coming For the Unfortunate People Affected by Helene

Disasters bring something that many don't realize. Relief from the feds has strings attached, which involve insurance. There might be some money, which isn't enough for rebuilding, and the stipulation of keeping insurance on what is rebuilt. The caveat? The insurance will be cost prohibitive for most people, the new building codes very strict, and the condemnation of land is a possibility. Otherwise, families may find the land they occupied, and lived on, for generations is condemned, or too expensive to keep, if they want financial help. Investors will offer money to many, and they'll take the money for their land because they have nothing they can do to survive without the money. Of course, some will stay, and take care of things without government help, but with the feds involved, no relief will ever be available again in the future for areas considered part of the relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment