In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring

We've had tastes of spring for weeks. The redbuds and azaleas started blooming; clover and dandelions appeared. The cold weather, which is never really that cold is disappearing. It's been over 80 degrees a few days this week.

I cut my mothers yard this evening. It was mostly to even out the odd clumps of different annoyance ground cover plants, but it required a complete pass with the lawnmower. The mowing season is starting, which will soon lead to the weekly cutting, or cussing because the grass is too tall. I don't relish it, but it's part of not having to fight ice and snow all winter. If it wasn't for hurricanes, it would be a paradise for some.

From talking with someone that was raised in Minnesota, the last few days compare to a summer day in that part of the country. If so, I can see where summer is a wonderful time of year and I would relish each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment