In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Leaving the Horse and Buggy Days

I trim hedges with what looks like a big pair of sizzors. My wife wants to do this, with hedge trimmers and leans toward the battery powered trimmers.

I think this is a wonderful opportunity for me to shed a responsibility and gain a helper, but I'm clueless on the best models.

Any suggestions? Remember: foolproof, safe, long charge life and lightweight with an affordable price. Don't suggest some commercial product that weighs too much and has a battery that will start a dozer. While I may lean towards such a thing, my wife doesn't think that way and I damn sure don't need to piss off my partner.

2 comments:

  1. I have a homelite weedwhacker and hedge trimmer combo I bought at Home Depot years ago that share my ryobi 18 volt batteries.
    I'm very satisfied with both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've never had Ryobi garden tools, but I've used them at work. I've found their construction tools dependable, although a porta-band just couldn't survive an 8 foot drop from a ladder.

      Delete