In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, December 21, 2018

Christmas Forecast

According to the local weather wizards, Christmas shall have a 30% chance of showers, with a high temperature of 71 degrees Fahrenheit. Since they're usually pretty close with their forecast, this Christmas won't bring weather like I experienced before.

A few decades ago, we had a Christmas with temperatures that never crept above freezing. The result was broken water pipes, a windfall for plumbers, and abridged Christmas dinners. It was a mess, and I spent some time under my house with a propane torch, cold feet, and some choice words.

A few Christmases back, we had snow (very rare on any winter day) and it was a beautiful sight to behold. It added a cheerful accent to a cheerful day; although it sure led to some fender benders for those trying to drive in something they're not prepared to drive in.

So, this Christmas will be balmy, and I wouldn't be surprised it starts out with heavy fog. Short sleeves will be worn, and the mosquitoes will have a chance to pass on some pathogens.

If I don't write again before Christmas, I wish for all my visitors to have the best Christmas they ever had, and all afterwards even better.

9 comments:

  1. It should be about the same here...forecasts can change. Back in '83, down in the RGV we had three straight days of sixteen degrees with freezing rain. In '89, I think or thereabouts, the temps in central Texas hit 5 degrees. I had to patch a fuel line on my Jeep Comanche leaking gas. It took the better part of an hour as I had to keep going inside to warm up. The gloves I had were soaked in gasoline...good times. Have a safe Christmas Jess and...get some of that rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the sixties, and heavy fog. I'd rather it be a little cooler, with sunshine.

      Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  2. From past experience, If they can't nail it down, path, we tend to get nailed. Totals are still running high 8 to 12 over 3 days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, your Christmas is not spent shoveling snow.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas then to you too, Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Merry Christmas. Have a good day without any stress.

      Delete
  5. Marry Christmas. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete