In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, August 8, 2021

It's Extra Quiet

 At 5:30 in the morning, it's usually quiet, but on most days, there is the occasional car engine starting, the  rumble of a truck up on the highway, or the sound of a train in the distance. This morning - maybe because it's Sunday - it's extra quiet.

I was sitting on the porch, when I started listening to the local roosters starting their crowing. The usual close neighbor roosters started, but as I listened, more started, and as I started counting, I soon reached a count of 12 separate roosters crowing. It was as though they were communicating....maybe they were.



2 comments:

  1. Here it's owls and coyotes at dusk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have coyotes, but it's rare to hear them. Too many dogs are around the neighborhood, and I think it keeps them away.

      We do have some owls, but they seem to come and go.

      Delete