In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, August 30, 2021

Looking For An Answer

After years of watching the different hurricanes, and the data buoy information, I've found the winds reported on the news don't match the winds of the data buoys. Sure, sustained winds can be over one hundred miles per hour, but none of the data of the buoys show winds as high as reported by the government, or the media.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm suspicious of anything coming from the government, or the media. If someone can clarify why the buoys are so far off, Id sure appreciate the information.

4 comments:

  1. Every hurricane seems to be given a spot of 2 points on the scale. Each one since Katrina was an earth shattering extinction event. Like NASA doctoring the temp data so every year is the hottest year on record. What you reward you get more of, and the .gov sends money by the pallet load to scientistas to invent / discover global warming. Thereby justifying their war on the citizens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed many of the data buoys mysteriously lose data, if they are close to the center of the storm. Up to that point, the wind speeds recorded can be up to fifty miles per hour lower than what the news readers are being told by the weather wizards.

      Delete
  2. It's probably due to the difference of altitude where the readings are taken. Friction with earth's surface slows wind speeds closer to the surface. How much and how high up it extends depends on the terrain and what the ground cover is. IIRC, official hurricane wind speeds are taken higher altitude than the buoys are.
    G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense, although it seems it can leave a perception of a wind higher than was actually encountered.

      Delete