In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Catching Up

Early this morning, a line of showers arrived, gave a spectacular light show, and we received 4 inches of much needed rain. The ground has pretty well soaked it all up, and we're still in a deficit. 

The rest of our week calls for a wet pattern. How much rain we get is yet to be seen, but one thing is for sure: the grass will need cutting before it stops. I'll take it. The brown spots in the yard might finally recover.

2 comments:

  1. Most years I have green spots between the brown ones . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some areas of the yard that have fertile soil. Others have fill, which is full of sand and clay. It takes years for the grass to become established, and dry spells can wipe out what is there.

      What type of grass? A little of everything, which leads to some different colors of grass when all are hydrated.

      Delete