In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Despicable Minions

 I received my property tax assessment today. Again, the whores of the bureaucracy raised the appraised value of my property. Again, I will appeal, cuss the worthless bastards, and stay pissed off for months.

I have to add how much I despise those fleeing the rotten communities in rotten states that pay too much for property. I don't care what you paid for your property in the past, or how much you were taxed. You ran from your problems and we have to sacrifice with increased costs due to your actions. 

As far as real estate agents, I've seen this before, and if you are smart, you haven't blown your money on stupid crap you'll have to sale for pennies on the dollar. This won't last forever, and when the bubble bursts, it will be ugly.

4 comments:

  1. The bubble is bursting now. The banks are already laying off their mortgage divisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With mortgage rates in the 4 to 5 percent range, financing the exorbitant prices many are asking is beyond the income of most people. When the property values fall, and the taxing entities having to belly up to the bar for the lower assessed values, they'll be clamoring for tax increases, which most will refuse to allow. May they have to lay off some of the useless pogues they have on staff.

      Delete
  2. Tomorrow (Saturday) is a referendum on lowering property taxes that will be put on the November ballot to permanently reduce property taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours went up too. I am looking into the 65 and older tax exemption for our property.

    ReplyDelete