In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Growing Into Oblivion

A local city, with a diversified choice for mayor, was rewarded with a comment the mayor would "like to see the city grow". Unless they're willing to cut taxes, get rid of the bloated employee burden, stop making ridiculous decisions with the infrastructure, become more business friendly, and do something about the growing crime, the city will be landlocked by adjacent communities with more to offer their citizens. Like my hometown, it's a cesspool compared to its former self. Like my hometown,  anyone that can is fleeing, saying goodbye to the money pit called public education, and trying to increase their income by removing the confiscatory taxes that only fund corruption. Growth requires a willingness for business to move to an area. This city is chasing it away, wondering why, and wallowing in ignorance.

2 comments:

  1. What if you grow but don't protect what was already there? Oh, wait, I just described the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call the refusal to protect the U.S. treason. Nothing else explains the actions as clearly.

      Delete