In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Semantics and Reality

The media is full of speculation about a looming recession. According to the definition of a recession, we've been in a recession since the Covid hostage crises. When you really examine the economy, depression is a better description. This isn't a small blip in the economy. The damage is huge, people are taking a terrible financial beating, and the royalty in D.C. is playing government. A less polite society would have a few of them hanging from a lamp post to discourage future endeavors by the criminals elected by rigged elections.

5 comments:

  1. It seems the media likes to change definitions of many common terms to suit their own needs. I think the term lynching still has the same meaning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the influencers of D.C. realize they're going down a path with no winners. They think they're isolated, but technology now gives them no place to hide.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The Capitol, since it's an ivory tower, is full of those that benefit from the suffering of taxpayers. It's a precarious existence, and the opulence fades when the tower is isolated. They may feel they can succeed, but if it really hits the fan, they will find straying from the tower will lead them to meet angry, starving people.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, definitions have changed. It's looking like governed and ruled have become synonymous in the minds of those who were elected to govern. I'm not feeling it. Too bad I'm a frikkin crip.

    ReplyDelete