In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Age and Intentions

I was walking about the yard, looking at the things I need to do, and wondering when I'll be able to accomplish the tasks I planned to accomplish during the months without lead-melting temperatures. Soon I hope, but according to my doctor, running a chain saw will just aggravate what already hurts, and wearing a brace on my arm for the determined time is the best way to eventually reach the point where something more is contemplated by the dictates of medicine or insurance dweebs. From my point of view, the brace offers some relief, but the underlying problem is not really responding to the treatment. 

We've had some really nice weather over the last few days. Clear skies, lows in the forties and highs around seventy. Perfect weather for outside projects, but not for me. I'll just walk around, play with the neighbor dogs, and offer profound words of wisdom to anyone that doesn't know me.

I've deliberately avoided much time for observing the current effort to elect a House Speaker. What little I've seen shows the Republican Party is obsolete, the Democratic Party doesn't have nearly enough of their members in jail, and taxpayers should just stay bent over. Meanwhile, the unelected are running amok, too many judges are clearly corrupt, and the problems created by both are increasing. Maybe the best thing is to have all elected officials have a lottery, each picks a number, and the winner is tarred and feathered for public entertainment. I think that would definitely have an impact on their efforts for reelection, and to make things even, their staff has to have a lottery too. Of course, the lottery would have to be held daily, and the television proceeds would be put toward the national debt. 

I won't write about the economy, except there are people that should be hung for what they've done.

Tax season is here, and I'm waiting for the needed paperwork. Hopefully, some obscure new tax law doesn't tax me to death. I'll know in about a month.

Locally, school is back in full force. Most of the local districts are rural and the consequences of straying too far from the herd has dire consequences. Still, I'm suspicious of anyone that claims they're part of the process. Well-trained minions comes to mind as the best description of most, and their administrators would  chain the wheels of a handicap child if new guidelines mandated the practice.

I'm contemplating compiling the essays I've written about my years of work and peddling them to whoever is brave enough to take the chance of publishing what some could find uninteresting. Of course, if I accomplish the task, and the interest is light, it will sadden me to know how many people are missing out on what should be a best seller. 

That's all I have for now. It's time for me to pull out the leftover taco meat and fixings. Later I plan to enjoy an adult beverage and watch the sunset.

10 comments:

  1. Hope that sunset was great! I had to make due with a stogie in the hot tub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, although I didn't have a hot tub or a stogie.

      Delete
  2. I’m glad to see that blowback on the house speaker, Jess. Up here in Canada crap like that flies with no dissent…and our country is now a bad joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they managed to vote in another bottom feeding politician. He'll be under the microscope and we'll know how corrupt he is by the fawning media.

      Delete
    2. As is the ongoing dog 'n' pony show (or is "donkey show"?), the "loyal opposition party" voted in the deep state maggot. Every "con-servative" who switched their vote proved that it's just a matter of how much grift it would take for them to drop their principles, like Slick Willie's pants in a sorority house.
      We're doomed. It's just a matter of how quickly the house of cards comes crashing down.

      Keep your powder dry.

      Delete
    3. Politicians have proven the majority of their kind can't be trusted. They make deals, ignore their word, and the bumbling, corrupt D.C. machine lumbers further into oblivion.

      Delete
  3. Mostly agree about the House vote. It's my hope the holdouts forced their hand enough to begin to make changes.
    Defunding the 87,000 new I.R.S. agents will be a damned good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a lot of gridlock. The Senate will muddy the waters, and Biden will veto. The reactions will reveal much, but the results will not do much except create more anger.

      Delete
  4. When I went through the torture of carpal tunnel, I found out about that brace and bought one. I wore it for 18 months before I went to the doctor about surgery. He was gonna prescribe one and I told him too late. I got the surgery the next month. YMMV.... ;) The real cut in the meat surgery worked for me. Not shining a laser or orthoscopic surgery. No relapses so far. 3 years....

    I know now why the old men I knew as a kid were so mean. When you get tortured with blazing hot and ice cold spikes in your wrist at night, can't sleep, and still have to get up and function, that makes you grumpy. Or down right evil. I have a lot more grace now to deal with mean people. I've been one too. And fumbling with stuff because your grip just quits.... hooo boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had both wrists operated on for carpal tunnel release. The brace I'm now wearing is basically a strap, with a pressure area, which places pressure on the back of my forearm to prevent the muscle that's strained from too much movement. It helps, but the pain is still there. I have four more weeks of wearing it. After that, if I don't have substantial relief, I'll go back to see what else they can do.

      Delete