In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Dreary With More Dreary in the Forecast

We had about four inches of rain during the last two weeks. This week has been cloudy, occasional mist, temperatures in the low sixties, and a general dreariness that permeates. More is forecast. In fact, forecasters are believing we'll have more of the same this Winter, except it will become colder. It's not my favorite weather, but beats the excessive heat we endured only a few months ago. As long as the dreariness doesn't include freezing temperatures, I'll take it, and get used to sloshing through a mushy yard.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad 'somebody' is getting rain... we need 7 inches to get 'caught up'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some coming here, too. It's been overcast and cold. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the reason my eye is giving me a problem was due to the dust we had up to two weeks ago. Anytime I cut the yard, my safety glasses wouldn't prevent finding "mud" in the corner of my eye when I would wake in the morning. The current weather ended that problem.

      Delete
  3. we were choking on wildfire smoke yesterday, in VIRGINIA. no rain for a couple months now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two weeks ago, marsh fires caused so much smoke a highway was closed due to the lack of sight distance. We smelled the smoke, but it never became so thick it was a nuisance.

      Delete