In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Advice For Choosing a Candidate

My advice on choosing a Presidential candidate is to think of all the candidates sitting around a table playing poker, when a loud voice from outside the room says: "I can't stand any of you and I'm going to do something about it."

There are a few things that can happen at this point. There might be a comment, such as "Did you hear that? What should we do?" Whoever you think may say this is definitely not be the right choice. A president should never ask what to do in this type of situation.

Someone may say: "I'll go talk to them. A little reasonable conversation should solve this problem." Strike this candidate. They don't have a clue.

There might be blank stares and confused looks. Eliminate any candidate you think may behave in this manner. Indecision only makes a poor President.

There might even be an accusation from a candidate. "Which one of your made them mad?" That candidate should be struck from your list immediately. There's no way an honest President won't admit they made a few enemies in the past.

So what is the right behavior? Vote for the candidate you think would stand up, flip off the lights and tell the others: " You better grab a weapon and get ready. Things are getting ugly." That's the person that will make the best President, especially if they add: "And if any of you look at my cards, I'll stomp a mudhole in your ass." That's presidential. They're honest with their self, know they may have to get rough with their enemies and demand integrity of those around them. They, also, have the courage to play poker with a bunch of thieving politicians.

If your choices have been whittled to one or two candidates, choose the one that has some military training, or been something besides a politician. They know that they might get their ass whipped, but they, also, know whoever is out there already made the mistake of announcing their intentions and the odds are not in their favor.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I say we should impose this test in place of presidential debate. Much more illuminating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it seems to me that your premise is 'a representative of the governed wants to change the status quo, what should the Candidate do?'

    Perhaps the status quo is ripe for change.

    ReplyDelete